Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Weekend, galore

HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY TO JOSHUA

We have a family tradition of letting the Birthday Person choose what they would like for Breakfast, and where they would like to eat for dinner. Joshua choose homemade buttermilk pancakes, bacon and fried eggs. Of course we have to put a candle in the pancake and sing the birthday song.






Joshua is such a foodie person, I guess he gets that from his parents. For his birthday cake this year, He wanted homemade chocolate cake with Chocolate mousse in he middle, and I topped it off with cooked chocolate frosting, shaved chocolate and fresh raspberries. It was Delicious !


Because he is a foodie, he wanted to eat his birthday dinner at the H & J Cafe', translation, Howard and Jennifer cafe. The mouthwatering menu he choose was ........ drum roll please, ...
Southwestern grilled Shrimp taco's , topped with fresh, homemade cilantro dressing, coconut rice, and fresh corn salad. I must say, It was very scrumptious.
Some days is it so hard to believe my Joshua is 14 years old, and growing up into a magnificent young man. I am so proud of you Joshua, hope you had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Camille said...

I love his cheezer smile! Oh his cake looks scrum-diddli-umptous! Great job on the menu! Wish we were in Texas with you celebrating! Glad he had a great 14th B-day! Love you Joshua!!
Alexander said the cards came! YEA! I don't have to worry!