I don't know for sure what it is about the first day of school that I dislike so much, I think it is actually letting go of my children, knowing they are a year older, and have advanced a grade, which in translation means another year closer to leaving home. Alexander started his day very early with seminary 5:40 a.m. He is a Sophomore this year. Once again he is on the Cross Country and track team. I am sure he will have a great year.

Joshua is going to Wood Creek Middle school this year, It is a bran new school that opened this fall. It is close enough for him to walk with his friend Wesley Brown. Joshua was very anxious this morning because he is unfamiliar with the layout of the building and he changed his schedule which will be given to him today at school. So he is unsure of where he is to go and what his class schedule is. Joshua is my worrier.

Nathaniel started 4th Grade. I was thrilled to learn his teacher was Nancy Grant. She is a fabulous teacher, however she had a horse riding accident and broke her pelvis and hip. We are not sure when she will return to school. We are praying for a speedy recovery. Nathaniel was very excited for school today. He and Alexander picked our shirts that are almost identical, from 2 different stores.

My baby started Kindergarten today. She has been waiting for this day since she turned 5 in January. The last 2 weeks she has been asking how much longer until I go to school. She is thrilled to have Phoebe Siders be in her class. Ms. Lavonne Williams is her teacher. I had the privilege of walking both Nathaniel and Isabella to class today. We dropped Nathaniel off first so Isabella knows where his classroom is. Then my stomach sank, I had such and empty feeling walking Isabella to class. She of course gave me a hug and a kiss, (Nathaniel was way to cool for that.) I could feel the tears start to well up and I left her at school. Luckily I ran into someone I knew which distracted me enough to stop thinking about myself and coming home to an empty house. WOW ! what a feeling to have all 4 of my children is school. If I could only freeze time and keep them young and innocent forever.
6 comments:
and here i sit and listen to my kids fight all morning! i think you are the luckiest mom ever! you have peace and quiet at your house...every day now!
they all look so cute and handsome on their first day! how exciting!
Enjoy your children now because all toooooo soon they will be gone. These are priceless years. Cute pictures.
I was so excited you had this posted! Everyone looks so cute in their new school clothes. Time goes by so fast, I can't believe they are all in school. But just think what a great job you and Howard have done and what great kids they are. I am certain they will bring sunshine to all of those around them. Hope the rest of the day went well!
Jennifer, I have been thinking....yes it is sad your baby is in school but look at the bright side and enjoy your time. For the first time in 15 years you can think about YOU. Time to do the things you couldn't do with children. Now you can go into the bathroom for 10 minutes and shut the door and no one will bang on it for your attention.
The first day of school is always memorable. Isabella will be a happy and enthusiastic student!
Wish we lived by each other still we could do LUNCH and DISCUSS what was for DINNER.....:) xoxo
Post a Comment